Intensive Residential Support Specialist
Company: Washington County Mental Health Services
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionDESCRIPTION: We are an innovative person-centered
organization that has been providing support to individuals and
families living in Central Vermont for over 50 years. We support
people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to live
their best life, to be part of the community, to explore their
dreams and achieve their goals. You will be part of a dynamic and
caring team that promotes creativity, growth and having fun.If you
have a positive mindset, are creative and passionate about helping
individuals achieve goals then you will be a great fit for our
team! This is a 40 hour/benefited position providing day-time and
awake overnight support to a young man who is working on social,
emotional and behavioral goals. Flexibility to accommodate a work
schedule that may include day, night, weekend and holiday
hours.About this position:
- Serve as one of the primary support staff, working with an
individual with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and/or
- Provide individualized support services to assigned individual
who has significant social, emotional and behavioral needs.
- Develop a positive and therapeutic working relationship with
- Create a safe environment by providing supervision and support.
The work setting will be in the home environment with potential for
- Facilitate activities that will encourage personal, social and
- Successfully follow and implement sensory, communication &
behavioral programming within various settings.
- Have related experience providing direct support to individuals
with a variety of support needs (behavioral, emotional,
communication, self-care, mobility, etc.).
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as with the
team that supports the individual.
- Ability to problem solve and manage crisis in the moment.
- Willingness to learn and implement crisis de-escalation
- Complete all online notes and data collection related to the
individual's daily experiences in an accurate, detailed and timely
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with team members,
other support staff, and other appropriate individuals both inside
and outside the agency as needed.
- Preserve privacy, confidentiality and ensure dignity to
assigned individual and all others.
- Attend trainings, in-services, and/or conferences to assure
professional growth as approved by supervisor.
- Have a safe reliable vehicle. Possess a clean driving record
and valid driver's license to transport individuals to community
activities, appointments and meetings.
- Adhere to all of Washington County Mental Health Services
policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as required or assigned by your
supervisorQUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience
providing support and therapeutic services to individuals with
Autism strongly preferred. Knowledge of ethical work practices, a
sense of humor, ability to adapt to a changing environment and
experience with technology such as Microsoft applications
important. Valid driver's license, good driving record and safe,
reliable, insured vehicle required.Equal Employment Opportunity
StatementWCMHS is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment
decisions are based on business need, job requirements and
individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national
origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other
legally protected status.Powered by JazzHRwmcH95Iysy
Keywords: Washington County Mental Health Services, New England , Intensive Residential Support Specialist, Other , Barre, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!