Direct Support Professional - Adult Services -Over
Company: THE KENNEDY CENTER INC.
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionIf you are looking to make an impact through a
meaningful and rewarding career, we are currently seeking talented,
creative, and committed people who share our values of Challenging
the Status Quo, Building Community, Creating Purpose, and Ensuring
Inclusion by fostering individuals' development, well-being, and
growth.In 1951, The Kennedy Center was founded to create a safe
space where individuals with disabilities would have the same
opportunities as every other person. We believe every life is
sacred and every individual brings value to their relationships,
their work, and their communities. Since then, a consistent thread
of giving back has been woven into the fabric of The Kennedy Center
and all we do. Having grown from a program serving 15 children to a
multifaceted organization that positively impacts over 2000
individuals with disabilities annually, our commitment to creating
pathways for people to thrive by unleashing potential and
empowering abilities is as strong today as it was yesterday. Job
purpose:Provide direct support to and advocate for individuals
residing in The Kennedy Center's residential homes. Promote choice,
provide appropriate support, and coordinate activities to foster
individual well-being, growth, and development.Competencies:
- Ethics/Integrity: 25%
- Person-Centered Supports: 15%
- Promoting Physical and Emotional Well-being: 15%
- Justice, Fairness and Equity: 15%
- Self-Determination: 15%
- Advocacy: 15% Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote choice, provide appropriate support, and coordinate
activities to foster individual well-being, growth, and
- Ensure that all services, programs, and guidelines outlined in
an individuals' ISP are implemented as assigned.
- Ensure that all Kennedy Center and DDS regulations and policies
are adhered to.
- Responsible for the supervision and coordination of daily
living skills including but not limited to personal care,
recreation, meal prep, and household chores.
- Ensure all trainings are current.
- Provide professional and timely communication with co-workers,
supervisor, families and guardians and other team members.
- Record and maintain individuals' records in Therap as assigned
(data entry, case notes, updated contacts, and information).
- Administer medications in accordance with DDS regulations.
Ensure all medications are available and orders followed.
- Advocate for the individuals whenever necessary as well teach
individuals to advocate for themselves.
- Ensure the protection of all individuals' rights and safety by
following HIPAA regulations, ensuring privacy, and reporting any
type of abuse or neglect.
- Intervene in emergencies and behavioral situations as
- Maintain a comfortable home or program space, ensuring a clean
and safe environment.
- Ensure all doctors' orders and guidelines are followed to
assure the individuals' health and wellbeing.
- Provide transportation to individuals as assigned.
- Accompany individuals on community outings, appointments and
family visits as assigned.
- Must hold a DDS medication certification and have the knowledge
to work as a medical liaison.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office and the
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Have the physical endurance to use PMT holds.
- Have the physical endurance to be able to lift and transfer
individuals as assigned.Our employee benefits package includes
Medical & Dental, Life / AD&D, Disability, Paid time off and
Retirement.The Kennedy Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity
for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals
with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to
apply.Sun-Wed: 11pm -9am (overnight)40
Keywords: THE KENNEDY CENTER INC., New England , Direct Support Professional - Adult Services -Over, Other , Trumbull, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!