Unit Patient Care Assistant, ICCU, Full Time
Company: Dartmouth Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, provide nursing unit with
efficient and appropriate assistance with selected patient and unit
needs. May also perform a variety of clerical duties and various
tasks to provide a well-supplied, safe, and clean patient unit.
Possess direct access to drug products and secure medication
locations in order to manage the storage. , handling, and disposal
of medications consistent with the Medication Storage and Handling
1) Participates in admission process for patients including room
set up after EVS clean to ensure room is ready for next
2) Greets patient upon arrival and complete standard admission
3) Participates in assisting the patient with readiness for
discharge gathering patient belongings, including items from
pharmacy or the safe, assist patient with getting dressed.
4) Completes room strip down after discharge.
5) Returns meds to pharmacy return bin from med cart.
6) Completes medication conveyance per Medication Storage and
7) Completes hourly rounding for patient experience on all assigned
patients to include safety checks per unit standards utilizing a
8) Delivers meal trays and set patients up to eat.
9) Sets patients up and assist patients with the completion of
personal care and provide clean hospital gown, and change linens
10) Performs patient sitting for patients requiring 1:1 after
successful completion of required learning activities.
11) Assists with lifting, positioning, and dressing of
12) Perform quality checks of glucometers every 24 hours.
13) Answers call lights and direct patient needs to appropriate
14) Stocks equipment from central location to nurse server as
needed to ensure unit is well supplied and monitor for expired
15) Assists with the maintenance of overall unit organization and
16) Answers phones and handle calls appropriately.
17) Admits/Discharges patients from central station. Maintains
chart information that is up to date, organized, and in compliance
with Health Information Services (HIS) requirements
18) Performs other duties as required or
--- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
--- 18 years or older.
--- The ability to function in a past paced work environment with
excellent organizational, customer service, and prioritization
--- The ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary
team to provide high quality care to patients
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.90 - 36 hrs/per week;
- Shift: Rotating;
- Job ID: 11018; - - - - - - - -
There are so many reasons to join Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical
Center and Clinics, members of -, the premiere health system in New
First and foremost are our people. No matter the role, you'll find
a shared purpose here. We have doctors ready to teach their
knowledge, nurses who lead through experience, and other
like-minded individuals collaborating for the health of the
community, while inspiring each other day after day.
Affiliated with Dartmouth College, the atmosphere here is very
collegial. You'll discover educational and research opportunities
around every corner. At Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and
Clinics, you never stop learning.
You'll also appreciate the resources our wide-spread health care
system provides. You'll have access to experts at the top of their
fields, advanced technologies, and modern facilities that enable
you to care for patients like nowhere else.
Benefits and wellness
We offer a total compensation package that includes competitive
health and wellness benefits. These benefits consist of "Core
Benefits" that are provided by Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
and Clinics as well as "Benefit Choices" that allow you to select
additional benefits to meet your personal situation and needs.
New England is a very special place to live, work, and become part
of a community. We have some of the most advanced educational
institutions, best health care, and diverse cultural and
recreational offerings you will find anywhere in the country. The
public schools are excellent, the mountains are beautiful, and the
lakes are pristine. No wonder so many people love it here.
Keywords: Dartmouth Health, New England , Unit Patient Care Assistant, ICCU, Full Time, Other , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!