Company: The Barking Dog
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Full-Time BenefitsHealth BenefitsDental BenefitsPaid Time
OffShort & Long Term DisabilityCritical
IllnessAccidentVisionLife/AD&DLegal & Identity TheftFree and
discounted services for your personal pets401K with Company
ContributionWe believe in the mission of "Pet Lovers Delighting Pet
Lovers" and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate,
Personal and Professional. A successful candidate for this position
will be someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team
player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent
communication skills, and great attention to detail. This is a
service-related industry and you should not only be skilled at
customer service, but passionate about helping people. Most
importantly, the candidate should have experience grooming or
bathing all breeds of dogs and cats. Primary responsibilities are
to ensure that all pets in your care receive a groom that is of
professional quality that meets or exceeds the client's request
without ever compromising the physical and emotional health of the
pet. The Pet Groomer is a commission-based position within the
Resort and reports directly to the General Manager.Equal Employment
Opportunity:NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender
identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state
or local laws.A Day in the Life:This role is very important to our
pets and their parents. You're the one who makes them feel like a
million bucks! Oftentimes, you are helping keep their pet healthy
by maintaining a clean and well-groomed animal. Daily, you'll work
on both animals with reservations, walk-in appointments and some of
our guests who are staying with us in boarding. You'll perform a
full groom, simple baths and touch ups and sometimes, the random
You'll not only communicate with the dog(s), but also have a lot of
interaction with mom and dad. You'll document what you are seeing -
sometimes you're the first to notice an issue and can help the
parents solve a health concern. And let's not forget - you're
probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with
some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!Responsibilities:
- Provide an overall positive experience for the pets as they are
being groomed, including compassion, gentleness, reassurance,
safety, and comfort.
- Ensure that all guests are groomed or bathed (depending on the
parent's requests) to the parent's specifications. Grooms/Baths
must be completed on time.
- Works with Resort Hosts to schedule or schedule grooming
appointments yourself, including setting up new clients in online
software and discussing vaccination protocol with both new and
- Meet and greet all grooming clients whenever possible to
discuss grooming instructions after assessing the dog's coat and
condition. Meet with clients or communicate after groom on results,
including providing report cards. Suggest any added services that
would be beneficial to the client.
- Return all phone calls and emails in a timely manner. Grow your
business by rescheduling any appointments.
- Ensure client satisfaction by resolving any customer service
issues within your capabilities.
- Properly maintain all grooming tools to insure quality of
grooms. Check equipment on a regular basis to ensure it is not
hazardous to guests.
- Promptly notify the manager if supplies are needed (bandana,
- Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following the
resort's standards of cleaning and disinfecting your workspace. See
below for details.
- Cleaning is essential: All hair must be swept off the floor in
a timely manner. Bathing and drying rooms must be cleaned before
going home. Grooming area must be tidy (windows cleaned, floor
mopped, computer station cleaned.).
- Disinfecting drying rooms is crucial. Use disinfectant daily
and bleach weekly on all drying rooms.
- Monitor guest's health while grooming or bathing. Report any
unusual concerns to the general manager and the pet parent.
- Ensure the guest has water and a chance to "go potty" if he or
she will be with you for over 2 hours.
- Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests,
particularly aggressive guests and escape artists.
- Pay specific attention to kennel tags, (Meds Person to Feed,
Aggressive, Separate for Feeding, etc).
- Adhere to pricing guidelines. Get prior approval from the
manager or pet's owner before any additional costs are added to
- Effectively communicate to pet care staff that guests are with
- Adhere to procedures in identifying pets while they are with
you (groom cards, name bands).
- Promptly give any laundry to pet care so that it can be
- Consult with other departments.Work with a team who all
exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats.
Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive,
aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the
customers' needs while following company procedures. Manages
difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to
customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance.
Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both
written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these "lifetime
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting,
standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude.
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is
concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently.
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in
distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound.
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily
fluids and to get dirty frequently.
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications For This
Position:Education : Professional Grooming Certifications preferred
but not requiredExperience :
- Two to four years professional grooming experience
- Strong knowledge of individual breed standards and breed
- Use of proper scissoring techniquesAbout The Barking DogThe
Barking Dog is proud to offer the very finest in boarding
accommodations for our guests. We have individual, spacious,
indoor-outdoor runs which are completely climate controlled to
maximize the comfort during their stay with us. We are proud and
excited to offer facilities and programs unmatched anywhere in the
country. Our team of dedicated pet care professionals take pride in
providing the very best care to all our guests.Job types:
Full-time, Part-timeEducation: No education requiredWork location:
Keywords: The Barking Dog, New England , Pet Groomer, Other , Derry, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!