Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job Description Amazon XL Warehouse AssociatePay rate: Up to
$16.75Job OverviewYou'll be part of the Amazon warehouse team that
handles the big stuff - those unique customer orders that weigh
over 50 pounds: big screen TVs, furniture, appliances, and more.
You'll be trained on how to use technology to handle these heavy
bulk items. Even if you haven't been a "power" player before, that
won't limit you from gaining valuable job experience because -
depending on the site - you may be trained to be a heavy equipment
operator, using powered industrial trucks (PIT) such as a forklift
or pallet driver. Many shifts will have you at the helm of our
power equipment getting orders ready for customers, but other times
you'll be on the warehouse floor of our fulfillment centers,
sortation centers, or delivery stations working with your
teammates, tackling those hands-on items that need expert handling
before they are sent along their delivery route.Duties &
ResponsibilitiesSome of your duties may include:
- Depending on the site, you may operate powered industrial
trucks (PIT) that reaches heights up to 35 feet. Equipment training
and certification are provided free of cost.
- Receive, sort, and put away heavy and bulk inventory
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment
- Use technology such as computers and smart phones
- View prompts on screens and follow direction for some
tasksYou'll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Use safe practices and methods to handle products heavier than
- Stand and walk, as well as push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
frequently during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)What it's like at an
Amazon XL Warehouse
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide
protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You'll be operating and working around moving
machines - order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and
- Activity. In addition to sitting and standing while operating
equipment, some activities may require standing in one place for
long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary
between 60--F and 90--F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot
days, temperatures can be over 90--F in the truck yard or inside
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing
protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety.
Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required. Amazon provides a $110
Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have
you prepared for your first day on the job.Why You'll Love this
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. In fulfillment centers and sortation centers,
schedules may include full-time (40 hours) or reduced-time (30-36
hours). In delivery stations, schedules may include fixed part-time
(20-29 hours) or flexible part-time (as little as 4 hours, up to 29
hours based on business need).
- Shift flexibility. In fulfillment centers and sortation
centers, shifts include overnight, early morning, and weekend. In
delivery stations, shifts are overnight. Your onboarding will take
place during the site's normal operating hours. Shift availability
is based on business need.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your
earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups).
Learn more about ..
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our
employees and offer a variety of free training and development
programs, and we also have tuition support options for select
employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you'll learn
how to use the latest Amazon technology - including handheld
devices and robotics.
- Free training. Depending on the site, we'll teach you how to
operate power industrial trucks (PIT). At fulfillment centers,
we'll teach you to operate forklifts or pallet drivers, and you'll
work with the latest Amazon technology - including robots.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support
each other.Why You'll Love Amazon Many of our jobs come with great
benefits - including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for
the future, and opportunities for career advancement - all in a
safe and inclusive environment that's been ranked among the best
workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the
role, work schedule, or location, and can include the
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance ProgramLearn more about Amazon Benefits and
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to
understand and adhere to all job requirement and safety
guidelinesHow To Get StartedYou can begin by applying above. If you
need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring
process, you can find support here: .If you have a disability and
need an accommodation during the application and hiring process,
including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a
request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit or contact the
Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by
phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4
p.m. PT. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or
other legally protected status.
Keywords: Amazon, New England , Amazon Packer, Other , Burlington, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!