Company: Candlewick Kennels
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Bather is a position within the Resort. We believe in the
mission of "Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers" and we demonstrate
this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional.
A successful candidate for this position will be someone who not
only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated,
takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great
attention to detail.This is a service-related industry and you
should not only be skilled at customer service, but passionate
about helping people. The Bather will assume complete
responsibility for bathing of our individual bath guests, either
while staying at our resort or as a walk-in appointment.A Day In
The Life:The role of the bather is a little bit wrangler, a little
bit lifeguard and a little bit sloppy kiss getter. You'll help our
canine guests feel their best and go home smelling like a new dog.
You help our friends smile when their pet parents come to pick them
up because they feel like a million bucks. You'll get wet. You'll
have some fur on you. You'll probably be exhausted, but you also
enjoy the joy of seeing our furry friends be a whole new dog! And
let's not forget - you're probably going to scoop some poop, clean
up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy
- Ensure that each guest is treated with respect and dignity
- Ensure that all guests are bathed and that client's requests
are met (within our limitations as a bather)
- Bath services include: Bathing pet per pet parents request,
brush out, drying, Nail trims, and ear cleaning.
- Communicate with pet parents to alert them about their
services, pick-ups, and any needed info regarding the service.
- Bathers need to be professional and detailed when communicating
with Pet parents either in person, via text/email or report
- Bathers should be computer literate as notes need to be made
for any important information that would be useful to the other
employees, including the pet stylist or management team.
- Bathers are not to give haircuts of any kind. Those are the
sole responsibility of the Groomer. This includes but isn't limited
to sanitary trims, and feet/feathers.
- Baths must be completed in a timely manner. Time management is
key to be a successful bather.
- Properly maintain all bathing supplies.
- Promptly notify the manager if supplies are needed (bandana,
shampoos, etc). Take inventory of items weekly to ensure we do not
run out of products.
- Ensure all products are up to date and not expired.
- Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following
standards of cleaning and disinfecting bathing areas. See below for
- Cleaning is essential: All hair must be swept off floor in a
timely manner. Bathing and drying rooms must be cleaned before
going home. Bathing/Grooming area must be tidy (windows cleaned,
floor mopped, computer station cleaned.)
- Disinfecting of drying rooms is crucial. Use disinfectant daily
on all drying rooms.
- All bathing products are to be measured and diluted to
- All diluted bottles with product need to be dumped, rinsed and
thoroughly cleaned out daily
- Monitor guest's health while bathing. Report any unusual
concerns to a lead, manager on duty, or General Manager
- Ensure the guest has water and a chance to "go potty" if he or
she is in the bathing area for over 2 hours.
- Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests,
particularly aggressive guests and escape artists
- Pay specific attention to room tags, (Meds Person to Feed,
Aggressive, Separate for Feeding, etc.)
- Adhere to resort pricing guidelines.
- Bathers need to review all prior notes and past pricing before
completing the service.
- Effectively communicate to pet care staff that guests are in
the grooming area.
- Adhere to procedures in identifying pets while they are in the
Spa (groom cards, name bands, etc.)
- Promptly give any laundry to pet care so that it can be
- Consult with other departments
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats.
Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive,
aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the
customers' needs while following company procedures. Manages
difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to
customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance.
Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both
written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these "lifetime
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting,
standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is
concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in
distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound.
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily
fluids and to get dirty frequently.
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity:NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.About Candlewick KennelsYour Pet's
Home Away From Home Since 1976 This beautiful landscape creates a
captivating atmosphere your pets are sure to love. We pride
ourselves on our attention to detail and safety. Candlewick Kennels
provides a wonderfully unique experience where all the animals are
safe and leave our resort as happy as can be.Job types:
Full-timeEducation: No education requiredWork location:
Keywords: Candlewick Kennels, New England , Dog Bather, Other , Glastonbury, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!