Posted on: November 26, 2022
Weatherford is hiring for a Sales Engineer for our Wallingford
facility. This is a hands on, rewarding role where you will be
providing experienced customer service for the oil and gas
industry. You'll be working within a supportive, inclusive team in
a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provides
training, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
Our Sales Engineer has responsibility for responding to routine
inquiries and complaints from internal and external customers
regarding products and services. You will process routine to
moderately complex transactions on-line as well as researching and
resolving routine to moderately complex problems and inquiries.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Respond to quote requests from outside and inter-company
* May be assigned key accounts or specific geographic area.
* Start to finish completion of quotes.
* Assist with sales of new or additional products
* Arrange for and coordinate transportation of product to customer
* Assist customers with complaints concerning billing, referring
complaints of product / service failures (Non-Conformance Reports)
to designated departments for investigation.
* Contact customers via phone or in person and receive orders for
* Determine pricing for product(s) requested.
* Prepare change of address records, and issue change orders.
* Continuously expedite and report on order status.
* Maintain and update customer list, price list, etc.
* Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with
all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and
Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
* Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company
policies of Weatherford.
* Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
* Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by
supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
* Minimum of 3+ years of technical experience required
* Experience with technical customer service experience in the oil
and gas industry preferred.
* Proficient verbal communication skills required
* Technical degree(mechanical or petroleum engineering) is
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred
* General knowledge of completion products for the oil and gas
industry is preferred
* ERP knowledge required(i.e. JDE or SAP preferred)
* Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedules form
* Should be able to work and interact with all levels of
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our
world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their
resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across
our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and
development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us
for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and
responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and
defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to
provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical
to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job
to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and
sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across
the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse
talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value
each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all
its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you
to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to
something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values
and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We
celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from
each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together,
we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive
benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching
career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to
chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging
and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and
flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global
company with wide-ranging opportunities that include
career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will
ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at
Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a
comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance
coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company
paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or
ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $29.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Wallingford, CT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* sales engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Weatherford, New England , Sales Engineer, Other , Wallingford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!