Oncology Nurse Practitioner -Genitourinary Oncology
Company: Dartmouth Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Dartmouth Cancer Center at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth seek a Nurse
Practitioner to work collaboratively with physician partners to
provide high quality, compassionate, evidence-based,
patient-centered care through the Section of Medical Oncology in
our Lebanon, New Hampshire location. -This is a full time,
benefited, salaried position. No weekends or call responsibilities.
- This role assesses and manages the healthcare needs and problems
within the Genitourinary Oncology specialty area, educating
patients and families regarding their diagnoses and treatment
options, managing acute toxicities of treatment as well as late
effects and survivorship issues. - This role will function as an
integral part of a multidisciplinary clinical oncology group to
administer to the needs of patients and families with genitourinary
What we are seeking:
- -A nurse practitioner or physician assistant with experience in
oncology, or a new graduate with experience as an oncology
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication and
- An autonomous advanced practice provider with clinical
expertise and organizational skills
- An active learner with an interest in discovery, teaching,
education, and applied patient-centric research. - An academic
appointment at the level of Instructor will be awarded through the
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
- Assesses physical and psychosocial health status of patient and
family by taking health histories and conducting comprehensive
- Orders appropriate diagnostic/screening tests to evaluate
patient's current health status.
- Formulates diagnosis and implement treatment plan to manage
acute toxicity and stable chronic illness consulting with and
making a referral to physician colleagues and other health care
providers as indicated
- Collaborates with a department physician or appropriate
specialist to plan and manage the care for patients with unstable
or complex acute or chronic illness.
- Evaluates patient's progress during follow up visits and
implement revised plan of care.
- Prescribes medications and other therapeutics as appropriate to
the management of genitourinary cancers and complications
- Provides patient education with emphasis on disease states,
treatments options including clinical trials, the promotion of
health and wellness and the prevention of illness and
- Provides guidance and counseling for both individuals and
- Demonstrates patient advocacy that insures the patient's right
to privacy, confidentiality, and informed consent.
- Work closely with the clinic nurses and provider staff
assisting in coordination of care for patients under treatment and
management of acute therapy side effects. - - Works with clinic
nursing staff to triage patient telephone calls and provide
- Fully integrate into section functions including
multidisciplinary case conferences [tumor boards], faculty
meetings, teaching, research and quality improvement projects when
- Actively participate in the Advanced Practice Provider team of
the Dartmouth Cancer Center through attendance of monthly team
meetings, journal club, biannual peer review process and annual
- Prepares for, participates in and attends required conferences,
meetings and committees as requested. -
- Participates in clinical research, relevant to the
genitourinary oncology patient population, providing clinical care
and follow-up assessments as required by protocol.
- Participates in the education and professional development of
fellows, residents, nurses, medical students and other health care
- Assumes responsibility to renew APP license in a timely manner
and maintain DEA registration.
- Other duties as requested.
What we offer:
Dartmouth Cancer Center is one of 52 NCI-designated comprehensive
cancer centers in the United States providing patients with
advanced technology and state-of-the-art treatment within a
friendly, patient-centered environment. - Dartmouth Cancer Center
provides a full range of cancer care services, including; a
dedicated infusion suite, dedicated physicians, nurses, social
work, nutrition counseling, palliative care and other support
staff, and on-going support groups and classes for patients and
families. - A faculty appointment through Geisel School of Medicine
at Dartmouth will be requested.
The Dartmouth Cancer Center's Genitourinary Oncology program will
provide mentorship and sponsorship opportunities for continued
academic career development of the successful candidate. - In
addition, the candidate will be given the opportunity to
participate in clinical research, quality improvement projects and
APP annual retreat.
APRN Minimum Qualifications:
Graduate of an accredited APRN program.
Board certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
(AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Eligible for APRN licensure in the State of -New Hampshire and
State of Vermont.
Eligible for Federal DEA Registration
Physician Assistant Minimum Qualifications:
Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program.
Eligible for PA license in the State of New Hampshire and State of
Eligible for federal DEA registration.
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin,
disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Dartmouth Health, New England , Oncology Nurse Practitioner -Genitourinary Oncology, Other , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!