Machine Operator - 3rd shift (Multiple Positions)
Company: New Hampshire Ball Bearings, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job description In addition to great people, great work, and a
great future, the NHBB HiTech Division offers a sign-on bonus equal
to 75X YOUR CURRENT HOURLY RATE, and the best benefits package in
the region: Premier (yet affordable) health insurance Lucrative
401K plan Generous paid time off We value experience and were
willing to pay for it. No experience? No problem! Our comprehensive
training program will give you the skills you need to launch your
manufacturing career. JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM TODAY! Hours: 3rd shift
11:30pm-7:00am Sunday night-Thursday morning Pay: Industry-leading
total compensation package. Base pay determined by relevant
experience. A career at New Hampshire Ball Bearings (NHBB) HiTech
Division is more than just a job; it's a path to financial
stability, growth, higher education, and abundant potential. With a
network of employees committed to their community, and the backing
of MinnebeaMitsumi Aerospace, you'll find a small-town feel with a
bigtime impact which has lasted for over 75 years. What you do
matters at NHBB - Our nation relies on us to enhance next
generation air power and defense missions, while also supporting
homeland applications with ball and roller bearing assemblies for
aerospace and ground applications. Join our team today with an
industry-leading benefits package, competitive wages, and diverse
opportunities to grow and make your career fit your aspirations.
Benefit package details available upon request. JOB DESCRIPTION: An
entry level Operator will manage machine operations from loading
the machine and applying the correct tooling or attachments, to
ensuring the process is generating quality parts in accordance with
written standards. Essential Functions: All applicants will be
evaluated on current skills and ability to demonstrate proficiency
in the following areas within 90 days of hire. Training and
certification will be provided.
- Load material and change tooling and attachments as
- Refer to Shop Order for dimensions, tolerances, finishes, and
number of parts to be machined.
- Follow established procedures, and verbal instructions.
- Use a variety of fixed and adjustable gauges to set-up
equipment and check work.
- Check parts periodically; make adjustments to correct
variances, maintain required tolerances, and quality.
- Work subject to process inspection; screen parts for
established defect characteristics. Note: Operators are responsible
for producing quality parts; i.e. within specification.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Detect and report unusual conditions and special problems to
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations, and conform to
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other duties as required or directed. Job Skills:
- Ability to proficiently measure manufactured products.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition,
subtraction) and maintain an understanding of the decimal and
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions
in English Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent Experience:
- Prior machining experience is a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of the metric system is a plus. Other
Requirements: Note: Physical job requirements may include standing,
walking, use of a microscope, use of hands to assemble and or carry
out job functions as well as sitting, lifting up to 40 lbs.,
carrying, bending and stooping during the course of the job. The
duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list
and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to
time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
position. The job description doesn't constitute a contract of
employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will
rights at any time. NH Ball Bearing is in equal opportunity
Affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex
including sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PM22
Keywords: New Hampshire Ball Bearings, Inc., New England , Machine Operator - 3rd shift (Multiple Positions), Other , Peterborough, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!