Laundry Aide (PART TIME)
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Masonicare Health Center - Wallingford, CT
The Laundry Aide assists with washing and finishing functions of
the laundry as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs tasks according to daily assignment schedule prepared
- Sort, fold, shake and press items following instructions and
prescribed procedures in the clean processing area.
3. Assist in the sorting of soiled linen with the assistance and
under direction of the washman or sorter.
4. Finishes clean linen by mangling following established
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material or
questionable matter to supervisor.
6. Communicate effectively and tactfully with residents/patients
recognizing their age, needs, abilities and physical condition.
7. Attend meetings as required. Participates in inservice
8. Understands and follows universal precautions and chemicals as
they are used in the department.
9. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Less than High School
Experience: On Job Training
Key Competencies: Ability to read and follow instructions. Heavy
physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs). Prolonged and extensive
standing/walking. Manual dexterity and mobility. Considerable
reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling & crouching.
COMPENSATION: Masonicare has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
You are paid within the salary range relative to your experience.
The pay range for this position is: $15.56 - $17.69 / hour
Keywords: MASONICARE, New England , Laundry Aide (PART TIME), Other , Wallingford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!