Document Control Specialist (Req #: 1159)
Company: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Location: Norwalk, CT
Date Posted: 01/05/2023
Salary Interval: Salary
SAFELY Building America's Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972.
Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and
Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies
throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil
construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex
Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 222nd largest contractor in
the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 50th
of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex
Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with
regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando,
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team
Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do,
Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do
business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the
company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and
Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.Our
Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a
diversified "Top 100 ENR Company" and being recognized as "One of
the Best Places to Work."
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work
environment of this job.Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral ProgramPlease complete the employment
application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex
Corporation.We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a
policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including
race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected
Position Summary:A construction Document Control Specialist
provides direct support to the Document Control Manager, keeps
track of important project documents such as project plans,
specifications, RFI's and submittals, vendor contracts and contract
modifications, and also creates reports for management. This
position requires a professional demeanor, excellent communication
and organizational skills, and the ability to work on wide range of
tasks and initiatives, all in a fast-paced environment.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and
procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and
near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value -
Safety first, in everything we do.
- Receive submittals from Construction Department and upload in
document control system.
- Checking submittals for correct submittal or plan/specification
- Tracking submittal process and approval.
- Updating Comprehensive Submittal list with accepted
- Updating specifications and plans.
- Alerting construction team of specification and plan
- Organize and track submittal list requirements.
- 3-5 years of similar professional experience providing
- Use of Procore or eBuilder preferred, not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel,
Outlook, Access, PowerPoint).
- Heavy civil construction experience preferred, but not
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities
and management styles.
- Team player and with good interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with good verbal and written communication
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Above average organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to success of all.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent
- Show quality in everything you do.
- Lead with integrity while producing high quality work.
The Middlesex Corporation is an "Equal Opportunity
Employer-Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons"
Keywords: The Middlesex Corporation, New England , Document Control Specialist (Req #: 1159), Other , Norwalk, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!