Press Utility Operator - Days
Location: West Lebanon
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Press Utility Operator - Days Sheridan. Be part of something
greater. Your career awaits join us! LOCATION: Hanover, NH
Sheridan's roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793, but
that doesn't make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you'll find a
lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and
work hard. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Fill in for roles of Entry-Level Machine Operator, Roll Tender,
Feeder Operator, or Advanced Stockroom Attendant as assigned.
- Entry-Level Machine Operator:
- Program and operate log bundler, palletizer, log crane, and
stacker with the goal of delivering good signatures stacked or
logged in accordance with Finishing guidelines to the staging
- Roll Tender:
- Order, inspect, mount, and effectively splice paper while
maintaining adequate levels of supplies and solutions throughout
- Feeder Operator:
- Assist Press Operator in achieving Department standards with
respect to product quality, productivity, maintenance, production
reporting and safety.
- Advanced Stockroom Attendant:
- Perform all duties necessary to ensure the efficient and safe
operation of the warehouse and mix small batch matched color inks
and dispose of department generated chemical wastes. Basic
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Proven mechanical ability required.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- At least 6 months previous experience operating a forklift
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a
standing position for a full shift.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20
lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking, handling, and reaching/working
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching,
and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being
near moving machinery, exposure to chemicals & inks with splash
risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is 2 days on / 2 days off, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM - 36
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Day shift pays an extra shift differential!
- Eligible for a $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks! Why work for
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or a
reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact
the location HR Manager at or .
Keywords: Sheridan, New England , Press Utility Operator - Days, Other , West Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...