Supervisor - Lodging/Building Maintenance
Company: Sugarbush Resort
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Sugarbush Resort in
Warren, VTYear Round
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the
best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school,
mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a
fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join
an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest
experience? Make this your best winter yet by joining the team at
Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT
Our investment in each employee includes a comprehensive wellness
initiative, unwavering commitment to safety, growth opportunities,
and a wide variety of resort benefits. Employees get to take
advantage of our 4000+ acre playground including skiing, golf,
mountain activities, health club membership, resort discounts, and
more, so it's easy to share your enthusiasm for Sugarbush with our
Looking for a team leader for lodging maintenance personnel in
maintaining the electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems,
grounds, pool/spa, and general building maintenance/upkeep of all
lodging properties within the resort. Retail/rental lodging, HOA, &
- Supervise a staff of up to 6 employees. Check work for
completion and quality, follow up with maintenance personnel as
- Lead maintenance team in performing assigned tasks. Effectively
disseminate work orders from multiple departments and manage
software-based work order system. Prioritize completion based on
occupancy levels and operational need.
- Proactively monitor buildings for upkeep as needed. Develop and
distribute work orders to execute a preventative maintenance
approach whenever possible.
- Requires constant monitoring of systems. Knowledge of current
building systems technology is critical.
- Hands on maintenance of plumbing, electrical and mechanical
systems including but not limited to; troubleshooting, preventative
maintenance and keeping par inventory of parts.
- Uses a variety of tools such as power hand tools, grounds
equipment, generators, snow removal equipment etc.
- Plays an active role in staff scheduling.
- Being flexible to fill in for staff scheduling problems as
- Participate in performance appraisals of staff as needed.
- Ability to respond to after-hours on-call emergencies as
- High School education with post secondary trade, vocational
training plus 5 years trade experience.
- Maintenance experience in a resort/commercial facility may be
substituted for formal training. Supervisory experience is helpful,
but not required.
- Must be able to work outside for long periods of time in
various weather conditions
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work on uneven ground.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, 2-way radio
and in person.
- Ability to perform heavy work involving exerting up to 100
pounds occasionally and lesser weights more often.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a
background, MVR, or criminal records checkRequired
Keywords: Sugarbush Resort, New England , Supervisor - Lodging/Building Maintenance, Other , Randolph, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!