Carpenter - Full Time, Year Round
Company: Stratton Mountain
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Stratton Mountain
Resort inStratton Mountain, VTYear Round
At Stratton, we are a team of people who work extremely hard and
take our jobs very seriously, without forgetting how to laugh and
have fun. We choose people that display the talent and attitude
that exemplify the high level of service our guests expect and
deserve. Our vision is to be A BOLD MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CULTIVATING
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT
Stratton's team members are rewarded with job experience,
opportunities for career advancement and some great lifestyle perks
(eligibility based on employee type). Examples of perks and
- Alterra Mountain Company Employee Pass - free lift access &
discounts at Stratton and all Alterra owned resorts
- Free or discounted Alterra Mountain Company season pass for
dependents - this includes spouse & children under 26 years
- 50% off day tickets at IKON partner resorts
- Free or discounted IKON pass
- Discounted golf, mountain biking and fitness center
- Employee childcare rates & discounted seasonal programs for
self & dependents
- Retail and Food and Beverage discounts
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars,
- Discounted mountain bike &/or ski lift tickets for your
friend & family guests
- Onsite medical clinic
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, and FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all
Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks
- Company paid sick time for all, and FTO/Vacation time
Additional perks & benefits for year round employees
Stratton Mountain Resort is looking for an experienced Carpenter to
perform general carpentry work around Stratton Resort. This
includes building, installing, repairing, and maintaining
structures, furniture, doors, windows, etc., as directed. Must be
able to operate associated power and hand tools and equipment. This
position is a full time, year-round job that is benefit eligible,
with pay starting at $20.00/hour.
- Build and install door and window framing; install locks, door
knobs and other hardware.
- Repair and maintain doors, floors, windows, partitions, ceiling
and building exteriors.
- Build, repair and refinish wood furniture and fixtures to
include cabinets, tables, shelving, bulletin boards, etc.
- Maintain carpentry tools in working order.
- Erect, maintain and dismantles walls and structures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Researches, purchases and inventories equipment, parts, wood,
chemicals and supplies.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and
- May train and direct the work of other staff in the area.
- Assists and serves as back up to other Facilities
- Assist with snow removal if needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education: High School Diploma, GED Certificate or Vocational
School Diploma required Technical Diploma, Associate Degree or two
years college course work preferred
- Two to four years job related experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Basic carpentry trade skills to include ability to read
sketches, prints and diagrams; operate and maintain various hand
and power tools to include planers, joiners, drill presses, power
saws and sanders.
- Knowledge of applicable Vermont Building Code, safety rules and
practices is required.
- Ability to take direction
- Communicate clearly both written and verbal
- Ability to complete the following trainings as required:
forklift operation certification, lock out tag out, fall arrest,
confined space, MSDS, asbestos and lead identification, ladder
safety, emergency evacuation, in-house OSHA and respirator
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Vehicle provided for travel on the mountain. A valid driver's
license is required for this position and successful Motor Vehicle
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and
- The primary physical environment in which this position works
is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind,
rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning,
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered
to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and
painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack
of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in
activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of
metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and
tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity EmployerRequired
Keywords: Stratton Mountain, New England , Carpenter - Full Time, Year Round, Other , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!