Planning and Utilities Administrator
Company: Sugarbush Resort
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Sugarbush Resort in
Warren, VTYear Round
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the
best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school,
mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a
fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join
an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest
experience? Make this your best winter yet by joining the team at
Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT
Our investment in each employee includes a comprehensive wellness
initiative, unwavering commitment to safety, growth opportunities,
and a wide variety of resort benefits. Employees get to take
advantage of our 4000+ acre playground including skiing, golf,
mountain activities, health club membership, resort discounts, and
more, so it's easy to share your enthusiasm for Sugarbush with our
The Planning & Utilities Administrator provides administrative
support to the Planning and Utilities department. The Planning
Department oversees compliances with technical/environmental
operating and land use permits, permit acquisition and resort wide
sustainability initiatives. The Utilities Department oversees and
operates the resort's water and wastewater systems. This position
requires a passion for winter sports, a high level of
professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to move between
and within these two departments providing planning, compliance and
water and wastewater assistance. This is a fulltime, year-round
position. The Planning & Utilities Administrator is a key member of
the Planning & Utilities Departments and is responsible for
providing administrative, office and technical support to
department staff to facilitate the efficient and organized
operation of these two departments. The Planning & Utilities
Administrator also supports department staff by performing periodic
outdoor fieldwork, special projects and associated tasks as
assigned, reporting 50% to the Director of Planning and Regulatory
Compliance, and 50% to the Utilities Director.
- Wide range of administrative and office support activities and
general clerical duties.
- Keep the resort e911 list, property manager and presidents
list, schedule weekly department meetings and track attendance,
maintain vendor contact information, process Planning Department
POs and invoices, and collect, distribute, and process the
Administration Building's mail. Plan and coordinate meetings of
varying sizes and events in partnership with others or alone.
Support development and maintenance of the Planning Department's
annual and project budgets.
- Responsible for managing and fulfilling multiple tasks/projects
with overlapping timelines with strict deadlines and/or revolving
- Field inquiries from abutting and/or neighboring property
owners, deed research and interpretation
- Work in operational departments periodically will be expected.
This work typically occurs during busy winter holiday and weekend
periods and likely will be outdoors. Working in operational
departments should not take away from regular Planning Department
- Performs administrative tasks for a wide variety of projects,
operations and compliance items supporting Mountain Water Company,
- USEPA Lead & Copper Rule Administration - assists with the
production and distribution of Lead & Copper Public Education
Program including reviewing the education documents and
distribution of lead education in quarterly billing. Assists in
reviewing lead and copper analytical data and 90th percentile
results for inclusion in documents. Also prepares and finalizes
VTDEC Certification of Delivery documentation. Prepares and
distributes Notification of Lead Tap Sampling Results letters to
customers where taps were sampled and prepares VTDEC Certification
of Delivery for same.
- Consumer Confidence Reports (CCRs) - assists with the
preparation, review and distribution of CCRs to include working
with IT to ensure CCRs are available to customers electronically.
Ensures CCR notifications are included in quarterly bill at time of
distribution. Prepares and submits VTDEC CCR Certificate of
- Metering - sets up handheld meter reader, reviews quarterly
metering data and hand reads. Provides feedback on erroneous
readings and customers where rereads or metering problems are
encountered. Handles and responds to customer and Property Manager
inquiries on billing and metering. Assists with moving metering
repairs and evaluations by providing information. Assists with
other customer education information sheets included in
- Community Open House Weekend - assist with preparing for,
setting up and attending this weekend where Utilities sets up a
- Initiate the collection of updated contact information for
utility customers to facilitate faster communication of critical
information to this group.
- Performs daily operational rounds at Utilities water and
wastewater system as may be assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Dynamics 365 programs or willingness
to learn. Experience with use of GIS and mapping software a
- Associate degree in business administration, resort area
management, natural resource management, or related discipline; or
minimum of 3 years administrative experience or a combination of
education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
- Most of this work will be in an indoor office setting with
periodic outside work required. Some days may require full days of
- Must be able to communicate effectively over the phone, in
person and in writing on a variety of platforms.
- Must be able to work outside in changing weather conditions
(i.e. rain, snow, wind and/or cold).
- Must be able to access terrain via skis/snowboard, snowshoes,
and/or by walking/hiking.
- Must be able to work periodic weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work on uneven ground.
- Must be able to lift, push and/or pull up to 25 pounds
occasionally and lesser weights more often and be able to lift
above shoulder level.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods and work at a
- Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders.Required
Keywords: Sugarbush Resort, New England , Planning and Utilities Administrator, Other , Rutland, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!