Company: MaineGeneral Health
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Located in the heart of Kennebec Valley, MaineGeneral Medical
Center is seeking a general physiatrist to join the team of 3 board
certified physiatrists and three advanced practice nurse
practitioners, a psychologist, RN s and medical assistants to
provide patient centered care.
The idea candidate will:
- be board certified or board eligible in Physical Medicine and
- have a special interest in rehabilitation after poly trauma,
TBI, amputation, post stroke, and spinal cord injury, and
optimizing function for autoimmune diseases.
- perform clinical procedures such as ultrasound guided
injections, trigger point injections, injections for migraine
management, and spasticity management.
- be a strong patient advocate.
- value team work.
- have an interest in complimentary or functional medicine as
well as acupuncture.
- have EMG/NCS experience, preferred, however not required.
- Schedule Monday - Friday with an average of 15 patients per
- State of the art technology and treatment options. The Practice
is supported by a high volume of referrals and access EMG, X-ray,
and MRI as well as fluoroscopy suites and musculoskeletal
ultrasound for interventional procedures.
- Potential for medical student teaching.
- Close collaboration with built-in referral network.
- Weekend call schedule on rotation with other Physiatrists. Call
schedule 1:4. Home call, with occasional weekend
- Supported by an experienced clinical team and enjoy referral
and consult relationships with primary care, spine team, and
inpatient rehabilitation team.
MaineGeneral Health is Kennebec Valley's largest private employer
with a strong commitment to positively impact the health of the
community each day through services and involvement. The
state-of-the-art, 198 bed MaineGeneral Medical Center at the Alfond
Center for Health offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient
services to patients from 88 cities and towns throughout the
region. Live and work amidst the beauty of scenic central Maine
where you are only a short drive away from the city of Portland,
ski resorts, lakes and rivers, award-winning golf courses, abundant
hiking and the beautiful Maine coast.
Keywords: MaineGeneral Health, New England , General Physiatrist, Other , Augusta, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!