Meat Cutter Full Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Location: North Hartland
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Join our team of more than 34,000 team members, supporting our
members and communities in our Club Support Center, 235+ clubs and
eight distribution centers. BJs Wholesale Club offers a
collaborative and inclusive environment where all team members can
learn, grow and be their authentic selves. Together, were committed
to providing outstanding service and convenience to our members,
helping them save on the products and services they need for their
families and homes. The Benefits of working at BJs BJs pays weekly
Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles* o Vacation,
Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty Benefit plans
for your changing needs* o Three medical plans**, Health
Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two
dental plans, flexible spending*eligibility requirements vary by
position**medical plans vary by locationJob SummaryReceives,
rotates, cuts, wraps, and merchandises fresh and processed meats,
including grinds. Assists in merchandising of seafood, prepared
foods, cheeses and pre-packed deli and assists in the rotisserie
chicken area and full service deli. Assists in meat selection and
cuts special meat arrangements for Members. Maintains all
sanitation and safety standards within the meat department. Team
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Support the application of club policies, procedures and
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in
mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns,
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude. Members:
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Work as a team
to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the
positive impact it can have on the businessMajor Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Engages and provides assistance to our Members by making
recommendations along with answering questions regarding meat,
poultry, and seafood. Prepares special cuts of meat ordered by
- Cuts, grinds, and/or processes fresh meats to company cutting
standards. Weighs, packages, wraps, and labels cuts of meat,
poultry, and seafood to company packaging standards.
- Makes sure the meat case showcases all currently available
products. Ensures the meat department maintains an appropriate
level of inventory.
- Ensures the meat, seafood, prepared foods, and cheese cases are
fully stocked. Rotates meats, poultry, seafood, prepared foods, and
cheeses according to expiration dates. Follows established
guidelines when disposing of damaged and/or expired products.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, display fixtures, and areas
in the meat department, including the meat cooler, freezer, and
refrigerated display cases.
- Inspects and stores meat upon delivery. Ensures that all
received meats meet or exceed company quality standards.
- Receives and unpacks meat, poultry, seafood, prepared foods,
and cheeses in the meat cooler and freezer.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including placing orders and
working in other departments as needed.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job. Qualifications
- Completion of a training program/apprenticeship required.
- Previous meat cutting experience required.
- Knowledge of automatic/hand wrapping machines preferred.
- At least 18 years of age. Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. There
may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan
merchandise, which may require bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a cooler area with frequent exposure to temperature
extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to
cleaning agents. In accordance with the Pay Transparency
requirements, the following represents a good faith estimate of the
compensation range for this position. At BJs Wholesale Club, we
carefully consider a wide range of non-discriminatory factors when
determining salary. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors
including but not limited to location, education, experience, and
qualifications. The pay range for this position is starting from
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, New England , Meat Cutter Full Time, Other , North Hartland, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!