Company: Vermont Law School
Location: South Royalton
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Description:Admissions Coordinator, Outreach and
EventsAdmissionsFull-time, non-exempt VLGS Benefits and PTO
include:- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.).- 403b
including 4% employer contribution.- 2 weeks of paid vacation in
addition to paid personal and sick days.- 11 paid holidays plus two
weeks of paid Dean's Days for Summer and Winter breaks. Position
Summary:The Admissions Outreach and Event Coordinator is
responsible for coordinating the prospective student experience
under the direction of the Director of Admissions. This includes
supporting and coordinating all on-campus admissions events,
webinars, individual future student visits, and joint VLGS partner
institution events. The Coordinator will also coordinate with
marking on admissions email communication. The Coordinator will
assist in JD/Masters Counseling, VLGS Housing, partner institution
enrollment pipelines, and the Summer Undergraduate Program. The
Coordinator will support the admissions office with prospective
student counseling and conversion efforts, application processing
operations, and application file review. Essential Functions and
- Manage the Campus Events and Visit Programs. This includes
virtual and on-campus events, webinars, and individual campus
- Schedule campus appointments, assist counselors in creating
detailed itineraries, conduct campus tours, organize student tour
guides, and contact faculty and other departments as necessary to
- Schedule all related admissions events with the events
coordinator and virtual platforms. Identify key stakeholders at
each partner institution and collaborate on event timing, IT,
marketing, food service, and any other aspects as required.
- Coordinate and manage external vendors related to the support
of Admission-related recruitment and outreach events.
- Manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including
student volunteers and ambassadors, VLGS faculty and staff,
relevant community members, parents, and constituents from VLGS
- Maintain collaborative and close partnerships with the internal
Events and Food Service staff.
- Identify opportunities to improve and enhance outreach
activities and events.
- Generate and incorporate event feedback using a variety of
survey and statistical tools.
- Maintain a database of events-related information, campus
visits, external vendors, etc. This includes RSVP information,
actual attendance, year-over-year comparisons, budgeted vs. actual
costs, and any other relevant information helpful in planning,
forecasting, and execution.
- Routinely prepare reports on admissions events and outreach
- Collaborate with the Office of Student Affairs and Diversity on
the planning and execution of new student orientations.
- Represent the mission and vision of Vermont Law School in all
interactions with prospective students, key stakeholders, and
- Manage all email communication between Admissions and
stakeholders, including campus news, invitations, confirmations,
Thank You, surveys, etc.
- Assist The Director of Admissions in maintaining an up-to-date
database of Partner Institutions and articulation agreements,
including updating the VLGS website site as necessary.
- Assist in managing the VLGS Housing website, database, and
landlords. Assist VLGS community members in finding housing. Update
the site as necessary and maintain a clean and up-to-date listing
of available properties. Collaborate with the landlords as
required, including sending announcements and organizing community
meetings. Collect feedback by survey and identify any problem
listings or landlords and handle them as appropriate.
- Assist in managing and creating the recruitment travel
- Conduct admission counseling appointments in-person and by
phone, email, and Skype as necessary.
- Assist in recruitment travel when required.
- Assist with lead/inquiry and application processing and review,
which include all on-campus and online programs.
- Perform general administrative work for the department. This
may include, but is not limited to, available word processing,
database report generation, phone/office reception, making
appointments, coordinating meetings, photocopying, and mail
- Perform other duties as required or
assigned.Requirements:Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree or the equivalent experience in a related
- 2+ years of professional work experience with
coordination/event planning/management responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organization skills; ability to balance multiple
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Ability to interact with diverse populations
- Ability to manage prospective students, parents, and community
members professionally and tactfully
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor in highly stressful
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality of
- Intermediate technology competency, including some experience
with social media
- Higher education experience preferred
- Database and CRM management experience preferred
- Hours will combine mutually agreed upon traditional, evening,
and weekend times.
- Some travel will be required.Other Requirements:
- Must be able to work legally within the United States without
- Physical ability to perform all essential functions of the job
with or without basic accommodations. Application
Requirements:Please attach a resume and cover letter for
consideration. If you are applying from a third-party website
(Indeed, etc.) and are unable to attach additional materials to
your online application, please apply directly at
or email required documents to Christine Moyer,
email@example.com.Vermont Law and Graduate School is committed
to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and
connectedness. We grow and learn better together with a diverse
group of faculty, staff, and students. In recruiting for faculty
and staff, we seek unique backgrounds to enrich and challenge our
community. As part of our commitment to compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act, candidates who meet the
qualifications for this position and who require accommodations to
apply should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vermont Law and Graduate School strives to raise the bar for being
an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we prohibit discrimination based
on race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, national origin, place of birth, marital status,
disability, veteran's status, HIV status, pregnancy, genetic
information, health insurance status, and crime victim status.
Compensation details: 22-25 Hourly
Keywords: Vermont Law School, New England , Admissions Coordinator, Other , South Royalton, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!