Junior Consumer Loan Underwriter - Laurel Road (Fintech)
Posted on: October 14, 2019
Laurel Road, a brand of Key Bank, is part of the expanding FinTech
space: we offer Mortgages, Student Loans, and Personal Loans
through a digital online experience, https://www.laurelroad.com. We
simplify the process for both borrowers and bankers, while
increasing choices of products, improving tracking, and offering a
positive banking experience.
JUNIOR CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER RESPONSIBILITIES:
For a period of at least 1 year, the Junior Consumer Loan
Underwriter will have modified underwriting expectations as they
familiarize themselves with company and team operations, product,
etc. After a period of up to 2 months for initial training, Junior
Consumer Loan Underwriter will begin to underwrite live loans in
* Expands base of knowledge and scope of products they can
* Renders accurate approvals and denials in accordance with program
requirements (Appendix V) for all loans assigned.
* Composes accurate and easily understood messages to applicants
and outbound DRB Associates if additional information is required
to finalize UW decisions.
* Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk
controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory
standards, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to apply program guidelines correctly to each applicant
based on degree type, pay frequency, etc.
* Accuracy with all data inputs.
* Work quickly and accurately in an online environment.
* Understanding of Appendix V, denial criteria, appropriate
application of UW Income Methodologies, ability to read single
bureau and tri-merge credit reports, especially as they related to
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS JOB:
* Generally, the Junior Underwriter should spend at least 1 month
with Quality Control team before transitioning to Junior
* High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
* One year of related work experience preferred
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: KeyCorp, New England , Junior Consumer Loan Underwriter - Laurel Road (Fintech), Other , Bridgeport, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!