Production Maintenance Technician II (Nights))
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.About Abbott Diagnostic
testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the
prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health
conditions. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give
you accurate, timely information to better manage your health.
We're empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to
help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of
life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott's
diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of
people. Our location in Scarborough, ME currently has an
opportunity for a Production Maintenance Technician II. In this
role you will perform routine and complex repairs and maintenance
on Production equipment, including but not limited to work
involving the execution of more than one of the typical maintenance
trades: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, plastic and metal
fabrication and repair and installation. - Provides trouble
shooting support on production equipment and recommends short- and
long-term solutions to improve operational efficiencies through
root cause investigation efforts related to machine down time. WHAT
- Leads routine, periodic and special inspections to determine
repairs needed or corrective actions taken to prevent breakdowns,
unsafe conditions or to comply with Company and/or Agency Rules and
- -Performs Production Equipment change-over as dictated by
schedule or requested by shift supervisor (as needed or directed to
best meet departmental objectives).
- Interprets blueprints, equipment manuals, layouts and wiring
- Leads the effort of preparing documentation regarding
Preventive Maintenance and Machine Operation through effective
communication and collaboration with Production Supervisors,
Manager and Engineering.
- Sets up and operates all equipment needed to perform assigned
- Escorts and assists as necessary, outside repair persons in the
performance of their contractual obligations. -
- -Escorts Agency testing technicians to assure timely completion
of their tasks as it relates to production equipment.
- -Maintains appropriate records, keeps inventory of spare parts
and materials and provides Supervisor with the information
necessary to secure needed replacement parts or special materials
needed to effect proper repairs on all equipment.
- Responds to alarm or trouble calls as required and maintains a
strong floor presence. Functions as a key member of both the
production & maintenance team and assists as necessary to
accomplish production goals, and through-put initiatives. EDUCATION
AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or
equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 3+ years' of related experience in a similar role.
- Hands-on electro-mechanical repair, rebuild, field service
- Familiarity with formal preventative maintenance program.
- Technical Certificate as a Electro-Mechanical Technician,
Industrial Maintenance Technician or a Technical Degree in
Precision Machining and Manufacturing, Automotive Repair, - or
related technical field.
- 3+ years' experience as an electromechanical technician,
experience with automation in the medical field.
- 3+ years of diverse experience in high volume production
- Prior experience working in a company operating under ISO, FDA,
or similar quality systems or regulations. WHAT WE OFFERAt Abbott,
you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities Learn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: - Follow your career aspirations
to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides
the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is anEqual
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with
us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, New England , Production Maintenance Technician II (Nights)), Professions , Scarborough, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!