Company: Lonza, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating
across three continents. While we work in science, there's no magic
formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is
talented people working together, devising ideas that help
businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their
careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world.
And that's the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Rockland has an exciting opportunity for a Distribution
Technician. This position provides overall business support through
the control and distribution of materials in support of customer
requires familiarity and knowledge of materials management
principles in the areas of product transfer, counting, shipping,
and disposal. Additionally, this position requires compliance with
ISO, FDA/cGMP, IATA, and DOT regulations and focus on continuous
* Cross trained and proficient in execution in three functional
areas; participate in and rotate appropriately (Receiving,
Shipping, Warehousing). Attain basic understanding of SAP
transactions directly related to core area duties.
* Accurately enter a variety of SAP transactions or reports (Goods
Receipt, Shipments, Stock Overview, Stock Put-Away, and Material
* Perform general warehouse processes (Location/Put-Away,
Retrieval/Picking, Receiving, Stock Consolidation and
Picking/Packing) ensuring compliance with GMP requirements.
* Continue with ongoing required area training to increase
knowledge and understanding.
* Complete ongoing Employee Health & Safety (EHS) awareness
* Complete training on job-related equipment (i.e. pallets jacks,
fork trucks, order pickers, motor vehicle use). Safely, properly
and efficiently operate material handling equipment.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
* Experience in a high volume distribution environment
* Must possess a valid driver's license at date of hire as well as
throughout employment is required.
* Must be able to obtain IATA/DOT certification and maintain
* Expresses values of the company in a positive manner.
* Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
* Constructive proactive communication.
* Positive team oriented attitude.
* Excellent work record (includes tardiness and absenteeism
* Attention to detail, producing minimal error rate.
* Basic computer knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook or
* Ability to receive, track and distribute stock.
* Ability to read and follow technical instructions in English.
* Ability to comply with detailed procedures.
* Ability to perform math with assistance of calculator.
* Ability to prepare and follow routine administrative
* Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
* Flexibility to work various shifts.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on
millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but
also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is
just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we
respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we
achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving
complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In
return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives
all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Lonza, Inc., New England , Distribution Technician, Professions , Rockland, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!