Posted on: January 16, 2022
Canam Bridges designs, manufactures and installs steel bridges for
major infrastructure contractors across North America. Canam
Bridges is a member of Canam Group, which has over 3,220 employees
and operates 12 plants in North America, as well as engineering
offices in Canada, Romania, India and the Philippines.
Supervise the tasks and work of production support staff to ensure
production objectives are met. The individual is responsible for
performing such work consistent with the company's corporate
mission, values, and plant financial objectives.
- Develop and process work schedules, assignments, and production
- Audit, edit and approve production staff payroll.
- Present production schedules and other records and reports
determining production productivity to plant leadership.
- Evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Identify variances between productivity levels and production
- Identify direct and indirect labor issues and production
problems, make recommendations, and assist management in developing
a corrective action plan.
- Engage and direct in daily production operations and anticipate
production problems, (i.e., material shortages, equipment
malfunctions, rush orders, etc.) such that loss of work hours is
minimized and production and quality objectives are achieved.
- Utilize skills, work hours, materials and work flow to achieve
production and quality objectives; exchange timely information with
other supervisors on interdepartmental product flow and workforce
- Instruct, train, orient, motivate and otherwise assist
employees so that safety, quality and production objectives are
achieved. Participate in the selection/interview process to fill
worker positions and appraise employee performance. Recommend
promotions, transfers and work assignments.
- Keep employees informed of the company rules and regulations,
production and quality expectations.
- Maintain professionalism and stay abreast of new developments
through publications, vendors and in-house management
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Production Manager and
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school or related experience.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
production or productivity problems.
- Effectively manage time.
- Communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best
- Schedule events, programs, and activities, as well as the work
- Computer experience Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
The working environments are as follows, but not limited to:
General office and constant exposure to computer display.
This is a safety-sensitive position
A safety-sensitive position has been defined as one where the
employee's responsibilities impact the health and safety of
themselves, coworkers and/or the public (in this case the end-user
of our product). All production and production support positions
fall into this category.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well
as excellent opportunities for training and advancement.
Canam is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected]
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a
case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a
request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this
Keywords: Canam, New England , Production Supervisor, Professions , Claremont, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!