Customs Manufacturing Technician
Company: Hubbardton Forge LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Custom Manufacturing Technician is responsible for developing
components and tooling for non-standard products as well as helping
fabricate (forge, machine, weld, build) those products when needed.
This Team Member must be self-driven with an eye for detail and
first-time quality. This position requires creative problem-solving
and a good deal of cross-functional communication.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Serve as a role model with regard to never compromising safety
for competing priorities.
- Develop a safety consciousness among your peers
- Follow good ergonomic principles when performing work.
- Ensure 100% first time quality before new product reaches
manufacturing. Understand all aspects custom process to support as
- Ensure tooling is tested, error proofed, user friendly,
ergonomic and efficient.
- Verify new components for tolerances, surface quality,
etc....utilizing drawing reviews and incoming inspections.
- Verify standards; check gauges and tooling are complete and
ready for production. Maintain tooling to standards.
- Follow standard work for Forge, Weld and P&T to ensure flow
of process and product.
- Work with Engineering and Prototype & Tooling to develop
prototype based upon predetermined engineering
- As needed, develop production-level tooling ensuring ongoing
manufacturability of non-standard product.
- Develop crude tools for one-time use for non-standard product
and modify existing tooling for custom builds.
- Develop and build components or partial builds on mid-level
- Physically build, forge, weld, machine, high level custom
products. Adapt for hand building when tooling is not
- Meet as needed, with Metalcraft & P&T to review custom
builds for feedback. Bring feedback to Engineering to be
incorporated into the design as required.
- Work with internal customers to ensure that all needs are met
in order to build non-standard products.
- Be model and drawing resource for ECO's and RFC's. Provide RFC
support to Customs product engineer.
- Develop UL sample products as needed.
- As a part of the Custom Team, participate in the process PDCA
and contribute to continuing development and improvements in
- Engage in CI activities to improve product and process.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue to ensure ongoing alignment of
priorities and objectives.
- Respectfully communicate with others, share information, offer
support, identify problems, propose solutions, address issues
fairly and direct
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Hubbardton Forge LLC, New England , Customs Manufacturing Technician, Professions , Castleton, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!