Associate Perioperative Support Technician (FT) Day
Company: Dartmouth Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
OverviewResponsibilities $2,500 Bonus Available Orients and
completes the necessary competencies to perform a variety of
essential environmental and material management functions that
ensure patient safety, reduce the risk of hospital-acquired
infections (HAC's), and create safe, clean and sterile work
environments for the operating room staff. May train as a member of
the surgical team to perform assigned patient care in the
intraoperative period.Responsibilities: A listing of the key
- Masters environmental cleaning processes for all Perioperative
areas including procedural and non-procedural spaces, restricted
and semi-restricted spaces and all equipment contained
- Performs a variety of specific sterilization duties within the
Main Operating Rooms (MOR) and other surgical areas and orients to
prepare tables for various specialty procedures. Removes clean,
unneeded equipment from OR and ensures trash and contaminated
linens and instruments are properly handled and sent to appropriate
destination. Handles blood, tissue, bodily fluids, recyclables and
other materials safely.
- Learns to perform "terminal cleaning", an intensive cleaning
process, ensuring that MOR spaces are free of infectious materials
that cause hospital-acquired infections (HAC's).
- Performs rapid room turnovers using standards of OR sanitation
and/or terminal cleaning and prepares OR after room turnover.
- Cleans and maintains other areas of OR on a regularly scheduled
- Ensures that all cleaning equipment is sterile, safe, and
properly maintained. Reports all faulty equipment to
- May be responsible to master floor cleaning and
- Learns to inventory case carts, and obtains supplies and
equipment needed for safe and efficient patient care. Completes
competencies to checks emergency case carts daily.
- Supports staff in the maintenance of anesthesia specialty
carts, nerve block room, and Birthing Pavilion.
- Masters competencies to clean, maintain, and set up anesthesia
equipment, including transducer set-ups, blood warmers, and fiber
- Shadows Periop Support Techs (PST) in preparing special
infusion devices (FMS and Level 1) for trauma and emergent
- Orients to maintaining non-controlled medications for both
anesthesia and intraoperative use.
- Orients to clean and maintain equipment needed for specialty
- Learns to maintain nursing specialty carts, nursing sets, all
OR and anesthesia supply areas, and suture carts.
- Learns to perform daily calibrations on anesthesia laboratory
- Orients to maintaining and assembling disposable blood pressure
- Ensures availability of gas tanks and regulators for safe
transfer of patients. Maintains supply of personal protective
- Orients to ensuring proper handling of sharps containers, and
soiled linen and trash.
- Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Anesthesia
provider, learns to position patients for the administration of
regional anesthesia and/or surgical procedures, orients to
participating in the transfer of patients to stretchers, beds,
and/or operating room tables, and learns to perform point of care
- Performs other duties as required or
High school diploma (or GED) strongly
preferred. Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and coordinate work
in a high stress environment (which involves responding to
emergency situations and tight schedules) required.Excellent verbal
and written communication skills.Ability to work independently and
demonstrates reliability and strong attention to detail. Required
Must obtain BLS Certification within
four (4) weeks of hire dateCurrently Registered with the New
Hampshire Board of Registration for Medical Technicians.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock will assist with gaining registration upon
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.00 - 1.00 - 40 hrs/week;
- Shift: Day;
- Job ID: 10876; - - - - - - - -
There are so many reasons to join Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical
Center and Clinics, members of -, the premiere health system in New
First and foremost are our people. No matter the role, you'll find
a shared purpose here. We have doctors ready to teach their
knowledge, nurses who lead through experience, and other
like-minded individuals collaborating for the health of the
community, while inspiring each other day after day.
Affiliated with Dartmouth College, the atmosphere here is very
collegial. You'll discover educational and research opportunities
around every corner. At Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and
Clinics, you never stop learning.
You'll also appreciate the resources our wide-spread health care
system provides. You'll have access to experts at the top of their
fields, advanced technologies, and modern facilities that enable
you to care for patients like nowhere else.
Benefits and wellness
We offer a total compensation package that includes competitive
health and wellness benefits. These benefits consist of "Core
Benefits" that are provided by Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
and Clinics as well as "Benefit Choices" that allow you to select
additional benefits to meet your personal situation and needs.
New England is a very special place to live, work, and become part
of a community. We have some of the most advanced educational
institutions, best health care, and diverse cultural and
recreational offerings you will find anywhere in the country. The
public schools are excellent, the mountains are beautiful, and the
lakes are pristine. No wonder so many people love it here.
Keywords: Dartmouth Health, New England , Associate Perioperative Support Technician (FT) Day, Professions , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!