Press Support Technician
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Roll Tender - Days Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your
career awaits join us! LOCATION: Hanover, NH Sheridan NH has
operated in Hanover, New Hampshire, for more than 200 years. It is
a full web printer exclusively dedicated to printing short run
publications, journals and catalogs on full-size web presses. Job
- Order, inspect, mount, and effectively splice paper while
maintaining adequate levels of supplies and solutions throughout
- Verify correct basis of weight and stock of paper to be used.
Inspect paper for defects and record data on appropriate
- Verify 3-way match & assist with web ups.
- Prepare press for running conditions & adjust web for correct
- Maintain ink and working supply levels. Sample fountain
solution as required.
- Operate plate bender. Basic Qualifications:
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- A minimum of 6 months of work experience related to the
position/equipment or sufficient cross-training time working as a
Roll Tender on comparable equipment.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20
lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs.
- Continuous standing required.
- Frequent walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching,
and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Pass Dartmouth Printing Company color perception test.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being
near moving machinery, exposure to non-toxic chemicals & inks with
splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is 2 days on / 2 days off, 7 AM to 7 PM - 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Day shift pays an extra 11%!
- Eligible for $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks! Why work for
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or a
reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact
the location HR Manager at or .
Keywords: Sheridan, New England , Press Support Technician, Professions , Plainfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!