Coordinator of Safety and Training
Company: PRIME SOURCE FOODS
Posted on: November 26, 2022
You will be joining a diverse team of the largest independently
owned, center-of-the-plate food distributors in New England and
Eastern New York. Providing a full line of quality products from
meats to vegetables, dairy, deli, frozen foods, and nonperishables,
backed by our reliable service and infallible commitment to our
customer's success. Whether you're looking for an order of choice
ribeye steaks or diced pork butt, you can source your meats from
the Prime Cutting Room-custom cut, packaged, and weighed to your
exact specifications. As a Coordinator of Safety and Training, you
will report to the Learning and Occupational Safety Manager and
will work in cooperation with all departments, trainers, and safety
reps. This individual will perform observations on-site, as well as
throughout New England at delivery stops and satellite locations.
Other key responsibilities include assisting in the development of
safety strategies, and their implementation, based on the analysis
of leading and lagging indicators. The Coordinator of Safety and
Training will work closely with the Manager of Learning and
Occupational Safety as well as the following teams and individuals:
--- Workers across departments --- Trainers and Safety Reps ---
Transportation Department Logistics Team --- Facilities Manager and
Transportation Maintenance --- Human Resources/Claims
- Monitor and influence the resolution of hazards.
- Ensure incident report completion for all injuries.
- Assist in lowering Incident Rate for Workers Comp claims.
- Implement safety strategies, engineering control, and protocols
based on data from leading indicators.
- Assign training through the Learning Management System.
- Perform drive ride-along to determine and address issues with
- Assist in root-cause analysis and present suggested corrective
- Develop and maintain job safety analysis documents.
- Compile safety data and provide reports to senior
- Facilitate worker communication regarding safety concerns and
- Attend and assist with safety meetings. Measures
- Execution rate follow-up (incidents, hazard reports)
- Report data accuracy & timeliness
- Percentage of training
- Reduction of Incident Rate Authority/Decision Making
- Deciding on high-risk hazards, and behaviors.
- Having the ability to visit departments, and delivery stops,
and to perform ride-along as needed in coordination n with
- Promoting safety goals for departments. Preferred
- Commitment to Safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Safety supervision experience
- Experience working for a distribution company
- OSHA certifications
- OSHA regulations
- Material handling equipment
- Fall protection
- Delivery/liftgate safety
- Meat processing equipment warehouse
- JJ Keller Safety Management Suite
- Paylocity Learning Management System
- Microsoft Office Our VISION is what we aspire to be in the
future. We want to be New England's most valued provider of
center-of-the-plate products through superior sourcing, product
knowledge, and service options.Our MISSION is what we do every day.
We will meet our customer's needs by providing flexible and
efficient distribution services. Our VALUES rule our behavior.
Trust - Fairness - Respect - Honesty & Teamwork. Perks at its
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Account
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, Long, and Short-Term Disability
- Permanent Life, Cancer, and Accident Insurance
- Employee Referral Incentive
- Paid Time Off
- Products at Cost ($.10/lb. over cost or $1.00/case over
- Turkey for Thanksgiving
- Prime Roast for Christmas
- Ham for Easter
- Christmas Party
- Safety Boot ProgramTo view other positions for which you may
qualify, click on the link below and share the link with family and
Keywords: PRIME SOURCE FOODS, New England , Coordinator of Safety and Training, Professions , Londonderry, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!