Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part
of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 18,000
employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures,
and delivers the highest quality products keeping the industry in
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and
entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr.
Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental,
vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term
disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time
- Annual bonuses to boost your earnings potential
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the
Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and
Timken's Top Quality Award
Purpose & Scope:
The primary responsibility of the Group Leader is to assist in
leading the day-to-day shift activities of Timken Aerospace
operations associates to meet customer demand. The Group Leader is
responsible for carrying out the prime directives of a lean leader
- Guiding work teams to meet production demands through daily
- Ensuring the safe, correct, and conscientious completion of
work in a safe work environment through a 5S/Visual workplace.
- Ensuring quality and value-added work is made by every process
in their area of responsibility.
- Ensuring the on-time, correct, and complete delivery of parts,
product, and services to the next process and customer.
- Implementing Kaizen to reduce cost through elimination of
waste, overburdening, and fluctuation in area of
- Maintaining and improving the operational availability of
equipment through 5S and designated maintenance tasks.
- Building teamwork and maintaining team relations through
professional challenges and educating associates. Core Functions:
- Ensure team direction is aligned to plant KPI's in safety,
quality, delivery, cost, productivity, and morale.
- Perform daily administration of resource allocation, time &
attendance monitoring, daily problem resolution, daily log updates,
checks of shift start-up and shift-end to ensure smooth production
- Communicate regularly with teams regarding customer production
requirements and key issues effecting delivery including
internal/external quality, equipment status/availability, resource
- Hold regular team huddles, 1:1's, and frequently walk-through
- Ensure ongoing operator safety and a safe work environment by
promptly addressing safety hazards, minimizing workplace accidents,
and actively involving associates in the continuous improvement of
- Demonstrate the responsibilities of a lean leader and drive a
lean culture in the facility.
- Ensure associates are engaged and are participating in
continuous improvement efforts.
- Facilitate the Talent Management Process to create
high-performing teams and a pipeline of ready leadership.
- Lead goal setting, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and career
development processes with associates.
- Identify training needs and assist in the delivery of associate
training to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure compliance with and communication of company policies
- Demonstrate Timken's core values and lead by example.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum Associate's degree in Manufacturing, Business, or
Engineering or 5-7 years equivalent work experience. Bachelor's
- Production leadership experience, preferably in
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of safety regulations and/or OSHA
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Technical aptitude, problem solving skills, and the ability to
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills
(written & verbal).
- Proficient computer skills; including MS Office (Excel, Word,
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test.
Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 30 pounds. Requires
extensive periods of walking and standing. Timken is a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected
veterans.US Citizen or Green card are required for some
positions.Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos All
qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their
individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other
employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender
or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military
status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, New England , Group Leader, Professions , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!