Production Operator, 1st Shift, Vermont Creamery
Company: Land O'Lakes
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to
fork. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned
cooperative. While benefits can vary by location and role, most
offer: --- Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D; short- and
long-term disability insurance --- Retirement savings plan and
profit-sharing plan, both with company match--- Paid time off and
paid holidays, plus paid benefits for maternity and parental
leavesProduction Operator, 1st Shift, Vermont CreameryHiring Bonus:
$2000 $2000.00 to be paid on the following schedule: $500.00 after
30 days of continuous employment, $750.00 after 6 months of
continuous employment, and $750.00 after 12 months of continuous
employment. Job SummaryUnder direction of the Creamery Supervisor
and other Aged Cheese leadership staff, the Aged Cheese Production
Worker is responsible for the affinage and aging process for a
variety of Aged Cheese products. Duties include overseeing the
drying rooms and working with formed products, preparing them for
the finished product stage and packaging, while following company
procedures, GMPs, Safety, and Quality programs. Locatio n:
Websterville, VT Hours: 1st Shift, Sunday-Thursday + OT
requirements Wage: $18.33/hour Land O'Lakes, Inc offers a
competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a
comprehensive benefits package as well as other company sponsored
benefits. Required Qualifications & Experiences
- 18 years or older.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written
instructions, and possess basic mathematical skillsPreferred
Qualifications & Experiences
- 1+ years of continuous prior experience in any industry.
- Self-Reliant and able to accurately work under limited
- Must be attentive to detail and have good organizational
- Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems.
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team.
- Ability to follow manufacturer's specifications and
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the
day.Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Sets-up and dismantles machines, cleans, and sanitizes prior
and after using.
- Coordinates with cheesemakers.
- Makes sure machinery runs efficiently and detects malfunctions
when they occur.
- Completes all steps in the draining and forming process.
- Controls the product weight, takes frequent measurements, and
adjusts machinery or technique accordingly.
- Takes pH, temperature, moisture on product to control the
- Completes cleaning/sanitizing according to schedule and
- Completes all quality and accounting paperwork.
- Prepares ingredients, records lot # on make sheet and/or
- Assembles pipes, connects vats, pumps, and other equipment
based on process.
- Performs environmental cleaning following company Quality
- Collects samples for Quality Assurance, as needed.
- Communicates regularly with other departments on specific work
- Report issues and progress to the Quality Assurance Manager,
Creamery Manager or Creamery Supervisor.
- Make sure that the cleaning is completed, and work area is tidy
- Ensure a safe working environment while performing assigned
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Follow all procedures, GMPs, Safety, Quality, and Sanitation
- Identify and report all potentially non-conforming product and
equipment to Supervisor and the Quality Assurance Department.
- Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.Essential Physical Requirements
- Frequent movement including walking, standing,
bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising
arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements.
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or
hot environments for extended periods and may include work in
environments where dust is present.
- Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some
holidays and periodic overtime.Applicants must successfully pass a
pre-employment (post offer) background check.Land O'Lakes, Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company
maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment
substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol
Policy.Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever
contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or
in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not
provide the information being requested. Land O'Lakes endeavors to
make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact
us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance
completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution
Center at 844-LOL-HR4U ) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, New England , Production Operator, 1st Shift, Vermont Creamery, Professions , Barre, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!