Quality Control Manager Construction (Req #: 1144)
Company: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Location: Norwalk, CT
Date Posted: 01/04/2023
Salary Interval: Salary SAFELY Building America's Infrastructure
Since 1972 Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation
(TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety,
Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various
companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy
civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex
Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 222nd largest contractor in
the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 50th
of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex
Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with
regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando,
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team
Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do,
Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do
business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the
company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and
Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders. Our
Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a
diversified "Top 100 ENR Company" and being recognized as "One of
the Best Places to Work." Please see HR for information on physical
demands and work environment of this job. Team Member Competitive
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral Program Please complete the employment
application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex
Corporation. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a
policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including
race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected
status. Position Summary: We are seeking an experienced Project
Quality Control Manager with proven leadership skills and a devoted
work ethic who is looking for a successful career and the
opportunity to grow with The Middlesex Corporation, a rapidly
growing, successful, and well established heavy civil
infrastructure company. As a Project Quality Control Manager, you
will play a critical role in the overall leadership and successful
and timely delivery of complex multimillion-dollar fast-track,
complex heavy-civil, highway and bridge projects from
pre-construction stage through project execution and completion.
- Actively promote and carry out company Safety and Quality
Policies and Procedures and ensure adherence to our The Middlesex
Corporation's Core Values - "Safety First, In Everything We Do" and
"Quality In All We Offer".
- Actively participate in over-all day-today operational
leadership and decision-making as the subject matter expert for all
project quality management functions including self-performed work,
materials or work performed by suppliers, vendors,
- Provide ongoing and regular quality control related technical
input for construction planning, interpretation of design,
development of efficient construction methods and quality controls
processes for execution of the work.
- Manage and schedule all required quality testing, inspections
and documentation including all third-party quality control related
- Manage the quality processes required per contract documents,
specifications, drawings, engineering calcs for work activities
such as crane/hoisting lifts, temporary works, falsework, shoring,
formwork, safety systems, etc.
- Provide overall leadership to ensure work is constructed in
compliance and work quality is accurately documented through clear
and traceable record keeping and reporting.
- Develop and implement project specific Quality Control Plan
that meets company policies, project requirements and is aligned
with industry standards and best practices. Perform periodic audits
to verify adherence to QA/QC Management Plan.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of project contract
documents, (drawings and specifications, and requirements by
- Maintain applicable industry reference standards and facilitate
project access to relevant team members.
- Develop and implement a project Quality Control orientation
program to ensure project team members are familiar with the
requirements of the project QC Management Plan, and conduct to
relevant project specific training, relative to Quality Control
roles, responsibilities, processes, and procedures.
- Contribute to interpretation and dissemination and
communication of project quality control requirements to relevant,
staff including field crews and craft supervision.
- Assist in document management to ensure all project documents
are updated and current to reflect any changes, revisions,
- Assist in the procurement, buy-out, and management of
subcontractors, suppliers/vendors to ensure subcontract /vendor
agreements capture required quality related scope of work.
- Prepare and submit accurate Quality Control project status
- Manage project submittal process to ensure timely receipt,
review and approval of submittals and shop drawings, as-builts, and
other required documentation.
- Actively participate in RFI process to ensure timely receipt,
review, response close out.
- Monitor project work for any non-compliance issues and ensure
corrective measures are approved, executed and closed-out with
- Manage project close-out including, timely management of punch
list, commissioning, and transitional system operations turnover.
- Four-year engineering or construction management degree or
equivalent combinations of technical training and relevant
- Minimum of two (2) years of documented experience performing in
a construction quality control management role.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction industry practices
and standards as well as experience with supervision, estimating,
scheduling, budget preparation and project status reporting.
- Experience utilizing project management software systems.
- Currently possess or the ability to attain; NETTCP Quality
Assurance Technologist, and USACE Construction Quality Manager
- Heavy-Civil construction experience. The Middlesex Corporation
is an "Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities, Females, Veterans and
Keywords: The Middlesex Corporation, New England , Quality Control Manager Construction (Req #: 1144), Professions , Norwalk, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!