Site Safety Coordinator
Company: Blattner Energy
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Blattner Company is a leading renewable energy contractor and
service provider across the United States. Based at headquarters in
Avon, Minnesota, the professional services, support and leadership
teams provide the support services to Blattner Energy and D.H.
Blattner. Blattner is powered by over a century of construction
experience and passionate, innovative employees. Along with our
project teams, we seek to build a better tomorrow for generations
to come.Excited about the chance to join our team and build a
rewarding career? Education Requirements: Four-year Occupational
safety/health degree or equivalent combinations of training and or
experience.Experience Requirements: Previous construction safety
experience preferred.Position Summary: Plans, implements and
supervises project safety, accident and fire protection programs in
compliance with corporate, federal, state and local program
standards.-- Approximately 75% of work time should be spent in the
field conducting assessments, interacting with crews,
subcontractors, etc.Essential Job Functions
- As a cultural leader of safety, collaborates with site
supervisory personnel to identify and remedy unsafe working
conditions.-- Coaches the site team and employees on how to
identify and eliminate hazards.-- Promotes and supports our pause
work authority.-- Collaborates with the front-line teams and
management to develop methods and practices that will eliminate
- Conducts regular walk through inspections and assessments of
construction area(s); engages with the crews and subcontractors to
ensure safe work practices are implemented and followed;
investigates all incidents and safety exposures with the trade
superintendents and required foremen and crew down to the root
cause; accompanies all safety, health, and insurance inspectors on
walk through tours; ensures all documentation is completed
according to corporate and outside safety processes and
- Ensures that communication with other personnel and owners are
executed in such a manner that integrity, honesty, and ethics are
prevalent in all exchanges both verbal and written. Participates in
daily project safety related discussions with the Site Manager and
- Collaborates with site supervisory personnel in reviewing all
safety documentation to ensure all required records and reports are
complete, accurate, and submitted timely.
- Observes and assesses work plans, work instructions and work
activities. Participates in the creation of trade specific Risk
Assessment Matrices, three-week look ahead discussions, and
subcontractor alignment meetings.
- Ensures and assists the site team with executing the Site
Safety Program, which includes training and orientations, JHA's,
CATS and SIF observations throughout the project site.
- Leads incident investigations utilizing Root Cause Analysis and
Five Why Analysis.-- Seeks to identify and implement preventative
measures at the highest level within the hierarchy of controls.
Ensures preventative measures are implemented in a timely manner
and sustained on the project.
- Follows through with injury management and collaborate with
supervisors to mitigate claims and exposure to costs with
personnel, subcontractors, and equipment.-- Complies with company's
- Develops and maintains working relationships with local
occupational physicians, EMT's, fire departments, and law
enforcement officials. Build a relationship with on-site nurse to
minimize injury exposure and coordinate drug and alcohol
- Understands and manages the safety budget associated with the
- Teaches (vs. telling) in a manner that allows individuals to
understand the reasoning behind the behaviors desired. Works to
make safety a value rather than a policy or goal we look to adhere
- Mentors and trains new Site Safety Coordinators and
- Coordinates and plans corporate safety related training
programs to include OSHA 10 and OSHA 30-hour trainings.--
Participates when appropriate.Other Job FunctionsIdentifies
opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste in order to
improve efficiency. Performs additional assignments per
supervisor's direction.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge and ability to comply with federal, state,
local and company safety regulation requirements.--
- Electrical safety, crane safety and structural knowledge
- Ability to recognize imminent danger and act accordingly.
- Good communication skills (oral, written, listening, and
presentation) and the ability to give presentations to large groups
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (preferred knowledge of
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Effective interpersonal and supervisory skills, and the ability
to motivate others.
- Must be willing and able to climb a wind turbine.
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving
- Temporary relocation to community of project site is
required.We are a unique team of talented, passionate and dedicated
individuals. Experience the power of Blattner Company.
Keywords: Blattner Energy, New England , Site Safety Coordinator, Professions , Augusta, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...