Design Sales Associate
Company: Smith and Noble
Posted on: March 20, 2023
For over 30 years, Smith & Noble has been enhancing homes with
custom shades, blinds and drapes. We add the finishing touch that
enriches the way homes look and feel.Quite simply our customers can
look stylish, see better, sleep sounder, be safer and save money.
How many companies can do all that?Our roots are as innovators of
design, but we aren't rocket scientists - just great people
inspired to provide quality products and serve our customers the
right way.Do you love design? Do you love sales? Then, consider
joining Smith & Noble!
We are looking for motivated, passionate and resourceful In-Home
Designers who can leverage their eye for style to enrich the way
that people feel in their home using our custom shades, blinds and
Therefore, if you are someone who dreams and does, thinks and acts
and is inspired to care, we want to chat.
How You'll Help
- Conduct in-home design appointments alongside customers and
match our premium collection of custom shades, drapes, blinds and
shutters to customers' style preferences and functional needs.
- Close sales opportunities by building a genuine rapport with
customers and demonstrate key features and benefits of Smith &
Noble products and service offerings.
- Showcase our commitment to service and care by following
established systems and procedures that reflect positively on the
company and build trust with consumers.
- Use innovative digital selling tools and standards to measure,
record, and configure specifications accurately and
- Work collaboratively with fellow designers and internal
partners and seek opportunities to continually improve the
experience for customers and Smith & Noble team members.
- Build upon our culture and mission that is built on going the
extra mile to exceed customer expectations by demonstrating
Creativity, Care, Respect and Integrity.Responsibilities You'll
- Make yourself accessible for appointments by providing at least
45 hours of availability per week, including a minimum of: three
Saturdays or Sundays per month, and one early (8 AM) and one late
(5 PM) appointment weekly.
- Stay up-to-date on product knowledge and standards by using
company-provided reference materials and by participating in
ongoing trainings and workshops.
- Strive to meet sales goals by building strong client
relationships and demonstrating resourcefulness, adaptability,
self-reliance and critical thinking skills.
- Build professional, productive and collaborative relationships
with internal and external partners by expressing thoughts, ideas,
concerns in a positive, respectful manner.What Smith & Noble Offers
- A consistent flow of qualified leads comprised of consumers who
are in the market for custom window treatments and have asked to
have a Smith & Noble designer visit their home
- A full-time, entrepreneurial job that provides rewarding
- A generous compensation plan based on commission earnings with
no cap and higher commission for any sales that come from leads you
- A training program that consists of initial training and
on-going education to ensure that you have the knowledge to
maximize your income
- In-Home Designers at Smith & Noble are earning an average of
$70,000 annually in commission after a year with the company
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Paid time off
- Training and ramp-up pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan, with Company match
- Guidance and support from regional and national sales
- A fun, collegial, supportive, transparent Company culture and
employee experienceWhat Smith & Noble Looks For
- High school diploma or equivalent is a requirement, college
degree or some college coursework is preferred
- In-home or outside sales experience preferably in custom
- Experience in a retail environment, preferably in home
furnishings and d--cor
- Proficiency using computer software applications and ability to
learn new technology and systems
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and insurance
- Passion for design, sales and building lifetime customer
Keywords: Smith and Noble, New England , Design Sales Associate, Sales , Bristol, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...