Senior Project Manager (FT), Project Management Office
Company: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Workforce Readiness Institute
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Senior Project Manager (FT), Project Management OfficeLebanon,
NH, USAProfessional/ManagementTotal Views 336280% remote, 20%
onsiteManages work on assigned institutional projects through the
application of project management principles. Works with leaders as
they identify and prioritize opportunities for strategic projects.
Engages senior leadership, directors, managers, supervisors, and
front line staff in the application of project management and
process improvement principles and tools. Fosters and supports
change within the organization.Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the sponsor and key stakeholders to develop
effective project and portfolio management approach.
- Leads the project sponsor and project team members to define
and document the project charter.
- Clearly articulates and shares project or portfolio objectives
and scope with appropriate parties.
- Develops project plans, goals, deliverables, and tailored work
- Identifies assumptions, constraints and dependencies for the
project or portfolio.
- Manages project communications across a wide variety of
- Identifies, assembles, manages, monitors and motivates
cross-functional project teams. Monitors activities of all project
team members to meet objectives. Mediates team member
- Conducts quantitative project risk assessments. Develops and
implements plans to monitor, minimize, and mitigate project
- Manages the project budget.
- Define and manages the project change control system.
- Manages and documents project meetings and facilitates problem
- Conducts project presentations independently or in
collaboration with project leadership, or as part of curriculum
- Keeps leadership and the project teams apprised of portfolio
status and project progress through routine progress reports.
Provides ongoing updates to the project management plan.
- Supports sustainability of achieved project benefits through a
formal hand-off process and control plan implementation.
- Assesses project environment and executes best approaches to
- Explains project management processes, tools, and techniques to
the project team.
- Participates in ongoing project management curriculum
development and delivery.
- Mentors project management staff.
- Networks and collaborates on methodology and tools with other
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.Minimum
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree with 5 years of experience in
project management required. Masters Degree preferred. Strong
analytical problem solving experience. Demonstrated competency in
project management skills within a complex, cross-functional
environment. Excellent communication, organizational,
decision-making, and leadership skills, with the ability to work
independently and as part of a team. Must be skilled in the use of
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. PMP certification or
equivalent preferred. Previous healthcare industry experience
preferred. Personnel management experience preferred. Process
Improvement Certification (Lean, Six Sigma, LSS, TQM, etc.)
preferred.Required Licensure/Certification Skills: Obtain PMP
Certification within 1 year of hire and continue to maintain that
Keywords: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Workforce Readiness Institute, New England , Senior Project Manager (FT), Project Management Office, Executive , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!